February 11, 2010

A Call From Across Shores

Well, today is Thursday February 11, 2010. And bright at early this morning at 8:21 I got a call from Zambia. Since it was so early I am a little fuzzy on particular details…such as names and job titles. I talked to two people, the first was a male and I think that his job title was the head of the L.I.F.E project in Zambia. His name is something that I am fuzzy on. (They kind of woke me up) Then there was a female Volunteer named Sarah, but I can’t remember her job title. 2 out of 4 ain’t bad.

I have been packing a lot in the past few days and things are starting to get a little sad, but the phone call from two people in Zambia that I just a few days away from meeting was really neat. It was a great reminder to myself of the reasons that I initially applied to the Peace Corps. I am now so excited that I can hardly stand it. I can’t wait to get to Zambia, smell the smells, see the sights, and meet the people.

Find out who you are and do it on purpose. –Dolly Parton

1 comment: